It wouldn’t make sense to add a lot of pressure on your back muscles and spinal discs by using cheap quality computer chairs for long hours of sitting.
With that said, this gave rise to many manufacturers like steel-case, Herman miller, OFS, Flash furniture, GT Racing, Ergohuman, and a couple of other companies to set up their game and produce some of the best computer chairs in the market.
Today, we will be discussing the best computer chairs for the long hours of sitting in 2020. After researching online and spending hours testing these computer chairs, I have shortlisted the top 15 computer chairs that you can buy right now.
15 Best Computer Chairs For Long Hours In 2020 Reviewed
|Ergohuman High Back Chair||Check On Amazon|
|Duramont Ergonomic Chair||Check On Amazon|
|Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic||Check On Amazon|
|Sihoo Ergonomics Recliner Chair||Check On Amazon|
|Flash Furniture Hercules Chair||Check On Amazon|
|Steelcase Gesture Chair||Check On Amazon|
|Fortnite High Stakes-R Chair||Check On Amazon|
|NOUHAUS Ergo3D Ergonomic||Check On Amazon|
|RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Chair||Check On Amazon|
|SMUGDESK Ergonomic Chair||Check On Amazon|
|Herman Miller Classic Aeron Chair (Renewed)||Check On Amazon|
|Noblechairs ICON Chair||Check On Amazon|
|La Z Boy (Brown) Bellamy Chair||Check On Amazon|
|GTRACING Computer Chair||Check On Amazon|
|REFICCER High Back Chair||Check On Amazon|
Apart from the medical connotations of a sedentary lifestyle, a long time sitting is harmful to your health. One of the most common physical problems arising out of regular and long hours sitting in chairs is lower back pain.
Seating for long periods can also lead to the weakening of the legs and buttocks, which are essential for walking as well as stabilizing your gait.
Yet, you do need to sit for long hours if you have a desk or computer job in the office or home. So the goal should be selecting the best ergonomic computer chair.
You Might Also Like: Best Gaming Chairs Under $100 In 2020 [Premium Quality]
1. Ergohuman High Back Chair
- If you are looking for the best ergonomic office chair that truly encapsulates ergonomic features along with comfort and safety, you need not go any far.
- The Ergohuman mesh chairs from Eurotech can offer the perfect balance of comfort and safety for long hour seating.
- This is a high back chair with pneumatic control for raising and lowering quickly.
- It also offers an array of adjustable functions such as back height adjustment, headrest adjustment, lumbar support adjustment, and seat cushion adjustment to fit the accommodation needs of individual users.
- Moreover, the armrests are pivoting ones that impart some finesse into the adjustments.
- You can also tilt the chair towards the back as per your need and comfort.
- You can adjust the back angle in 3 different positions and also lock the position in any of these positions with the tilt-locking system. Just open the lock and bring the chair back to its original position.
- It adjusts, locks, and unlocks quickly. Alternatively, you can use the tension control adjustment system to control the force for reclining to the desired extent.
- It features a unique Synchro-tilt mechanism along with seat depth adjustment to ensure that you can sit comfortably and get the desired support in any posture.
- The chair has got a breathable mesh seat and back layer to promote air circulation and support.
- It has a chrome/polypropylene base and a set of nylon casters, which make it easy to drag the chair across the floor without putting scratch marks on the floor.
- Moreover, it conforms to Green guard indoor air quality and is made of 97% recyclable components. It also meets ANSI/BIFMA standards.
- Breathable mesh allows air flow and prevents sweating and stickiness.
- It helps the spine by helping you to seat in normal alignment.
- The rear bar of the seat may feel like rubbing with your back
- Does not have a great reclining angle
2. Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Chair
- This is a state-of-the-art computer chair with numerous adjustable features designed to assure comfortable seating postures for every user.
- It boasts of adjustable headrest angle and height, lumbar support depth and height, armrest height and distance from the body, seat height, backrest tilt angle as well as adjustable tilt tension.
- In essence, if you are looking for a chair that offers the best back support for a computer chair, this can be your selection.
- It incorporates all the elements of an ergonomic design such as lumbar support, high backrest with breathable mesh, thick and soft seat cushion, headrest, armrests, adjustable seat height as well as ability to recline.
- Moreover, raising or lowering the seat and tilting the backrest can be done with pneumatic controls that offer accurate and steady control.
- The base has a set of rollerblade wheels that ensure that you can drag it across the floor without any effort and without putting scratch marks on the floor.
- The breathable mesh cover on the back helps to keep your back comfortable and sweat-free as it lets cool air circulate. This is very helpful when sitting on your chair for long periods.
- The adjustable reclining feature and lumbar support help to tilt the backrest to the desired angle and derive optimum comfort. You can easily find the posture that is most suitable for you.
- The chair can accommodate users weighing up to 330 LBS, which means it is fit for the heavy built users. All the material used is of the highest quality and has got sturdy arms and headrests.
- Variety of customizable features to offer the most ergonomic posture.
- 100% money-back guarantee on unsatisfactory performance.
- Lumbar support is not adjustable.
- Repairing is costly.
You Might Also Like: Best Office Chairs Under $100 In 2020 [Premium Quality]
3. Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Computer Chair
- Your search for the best executive office chair that is not just ergonomic, but also comfortable, sturdy, and elegant, you need to go for this one.
- It offers an array of adjustable features along with a tilt limiting mechanism.
- The chair has been developed after about 20 years of research on the science of sitting. The eight zones of Pellicle elastomeric suspension and PostureFit SL backrest support are the results of this research.
- The 8-zone Pellicle elastomeric suspension backrest and seat offers eight latitudinal zones of different amounts of tension to help you sit and deliver ergonomic support and comfort.
- Moreover, it incorporates PostureFit SL backrest support technology, which supports the spine and helps to preserve the natural forward tilt of the pelvis.
- There are individually adjustable pads for providing lumbar support and stabilizing your lower spine to have a more controlled seating posture.
- It also allows the heat generated by seating for a long time to pass through and thus maintain a comfortable temperature around the back and seating area.
- The chair can move and tilt seamlessly. So shifting your posture from forward to reclining and vice versa is smooth and balanced throughout the range of reclining angles.
- Moreover, it has got a tilt limiter. So, if you are afraid of tilting too much, rest assured, the tilt limiter mechanism will prevent you from toppling by limiting the extent of tilt.
- It is available in 3 different sizes, i.e., A, B, and C, to ensure that it can seamlessly fit every body type and deliver the same level of comfort irrespective of body type and size.
- The most significant size C is meant to accommodate users with the most massive body weight.
- Its cross-performance design ensures that it conforms to the broadest possible range of postures and activities.
- So, whether you are doing a focused desk job with an intense forward posture or looking to get into a relaxed and contemplative reclining position, rest assured the chair can accommodate you in every posture.
- Offers 12 year, 3 shift warranty.
- Tilt limiter helps to prevent toppling.
- A bit expensive to buy.
- Adjustments can be overwhelming.
4. Sihoo Ergonomics Chair
- If you have to work frequently on the computer as well as do some desk job and are looking for the best office chair for lower back pain, you can go for this.
- This is an computer desk chair with adjustable headrest, backrest, and armrests and has a mesh covering.
- It boasts of a 2-way adjustable lumbar pillow for appropriate lumbar support in every posture. The headrest is flexible, and you can fine-tune the headrest according to your comfort level.
- The backrest offers an astounding 90°-125°degree reclining capacity, which is suitable for multiple working postures as well as rest.
- The seat pad measures 10cm in thickness and offers vertical adjustment along with 360°-degree swivel. The lower pad offers thigh support for long hours of seating.
- The cushions are ultra-soft and offer a very comfortable seating experience. Despite being ultra-soft, it does not sag or sink. It has an adjustable armrest and pedal.
- It is recognized by the Ergonomics Application Association for ergonomic designs incorporated after extensive research on digital models of the human body.
- It adheres to strict safety and quality testing, which includes handrail fatigue test, cushion impact test, and chair-frame static pressure tests. This has ensured high quality for the chair.
- The angle of the backrest has been designed in such a way that it maintains a perfect match with the lower end of the spine. This results in a well-fitting chair that can help release spinal pressure and prevent spinal injury.
- Moreover, the backrest comes with a specially-selected mesh having high tensile strength and breathable property.
- It has thickened PU rubber castors that glide and roll smoothly across the floor and do not scratch the floor.
- The manufacturer offers a warranty of one year for manufacturing defects or quality problems and three years warranty on individual parts.
- Perfect backrest angle for optimum support to spine.
- Offers 3 years warranty.
- Lumbar support is not perfect.
- May topple over on full recline.
You Might Also Like: 12 Things To Consider Before Buying An Office Chair In 2020
5. Flash Furniture Hercules Chair
- The ample padding and an embellished mesh trim this plush black leather executive chair is not just a gorgeous looking big computer chair; it is every bit an ergonomic chair having a ratchet height-adjustable headrest.
- So if you are looking for the best ergonomic office chair for more massive people, this can be your choice.
- It can accommodate users up to 500 lbs of weight and offers a broad backrest and full seat. The backrest is high enough to provide more exceptional support to your back and relieve tension in the lower back region, thereby preventing lower back strain from long term use.
- It has a headrest to support your neck and relieve neck strain while leaning back. If you are in the mood for some relaxation, you can recline the chair to the right angle and lock it there with the Tilt Lock mechanism.
- You can rock or recline from that position and relax or answer phone calls in a relaxing mood. For added comfort, there are padded armrests.
- The seat has a 6-inch thick foam padding with the front edge having a waterfall design that removes pressure from the lower legs and thereby improves blood circulation.
- It also has built-in lumbar support to prevent lower back strain and pain.
- The chair can swivel 360 degrees and helps to cover the maximum portion of the workspace without putting a strain on your legs or back.
- You can easily adjust the height with the help of a pneumatic control lever and bring the seat to the desired level.
- With black LeatherSoft upholstery and a chrome base, it is a stylish chair that can complement contemporary office spaces.
- The included headrest will take the pressure off of your neck while leaning back with its ratchet height adjustment.
- Pneumatic control helps to come up with accurate height.
- Waterfall design removes pressure from lower legs.
- Not for budget oriented users
6. Steelcase Gesture Chair
- Supporting your interaction with modern technological gadgets demands working in different postures. You may need to work on the computer, pick up phones, and do frequent desk jobs.
- If you are searching for a sturdy executive chair that can help you do all these and still maintain perfect spine alignment, you can go for this one, arguably the best office chair for back pain.
- The company had conducted a global posture study involving over 2,000 participants spanning six continents.
- It discovered that computer chairs in use don’t address the challenges posed by changes in technology and consequent unhealthy postures that employees in the office have to put up with.
- It concluded that while technology does indeed boost productivity, it can also disrupt your performance and concentration in work and drag down productivity. This was when it came up with a solution in the form of gestures.
- With an adjustable seat height varying from 15 3/4 Inch to 18 1/2 Inch, a seat width of 20 inches, adjustable armrests, adjustable arm height from seat, and adjustable arm cap pivot, this is one of those chairs that can help you work tirelessly for hours without hurting your arms, back, neck or legs.
- In essence, this is one of those computer chairs which have been designed to support a range of postures necessitated by modern technological usage as well as user sizes.
- The 3D LiveBack technology incorporated in this chair helps to automatically adjust the posture to the user’s natural spine movement.
- It can take up the contours of the user’s back in every posture. It is designed in such a way that all the support systems work in harmony and render the most supporting frame to the user’s body through the backrest, the seat, and the armrests.
- The soft seat edges and the arms placed towards the back of the chair helps to achieve comfortable postures. What is more, the arms move like human arms and can support the user in any position.
- The chair can support a variety of movement by offering a healthy posture every time while you are interacting with modern technological equipment.
- It has got two easy-to-operate controls that are intuitive and responds to adjustments immediately. While the front knob is to control seat height and depth, the back knob is to manage tension and tilt.
- It has a core equalizer powered by spring to adjust the seat angle. This system can offer lumbar support in deep reclining posture as well as upright posture.
- It has got air pockets placed beneath the foam for consistent comfort and support to every user in every conceivable posture.
- The chair has got Core, Limb, and Seat interfaces, which work as a system to offer optimum support and comfortable seating in a range of postures. The gesture is a highly ergonomic chair that will perform in any work environment.
- Air pockets beneath the foam offer consistent comfort.
- 3D LiveBack technology makes the body take up the contours of the user’s back in every posture and offers firm support.
- Foam seat is prone to sinking with time.
- Feels wobbly even if the user is just 300 lbs in weight.
7. Fortnite High Stakes-R Chair
- This majestically appealing chair is the perfect solution for the console gamer as it can support the user through intense gaming sessions.
- It is much like the old rockers but has the right height for professional gaming.
- You can derive some comfort from the price tag too. It can offer the best lumbar support for a computer chair within budget.
- The chair has a high backrest, extra cushioning for head and neck, segmented padding, and robust lumbar support that can help withstand long hours of work or intense gaming sessions in front of the console.
- The padded, pivoting armrests offer proper support to the arms, and they can be flipped up or out of the way as per your need if you want to get the perfect tilt for relaxation to use the Tilt Tension adjustment to get up to 118-degree of Recline.
- It has got a stain-resistant vinyl covering material for extended use without wear or tear. It is also durable and comfortable.
- The chair has a trumpet pedestal base that offers sturdy support and lets the chair swivel 360 degrees. So whether you are multitasking in the computer or engaged in high stakes online gaming, you can make it easy to arrange and work around your desk.
- The manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty but for users up to 275 lb.
- Pivoting armrest can be flipped up or out of the way for proper support.
- Offers limited lifetime warranty.
- Suitable only upto 275 lbs of user weight.
- Weighs heavy and difficult to move.
8. NOUHAUS Ergo3D Chair
- The NOUHAUS Ergo3D Ergonomic computer Chair offers one of the best back support for office chairs.
- It is a smooth-rolling desk chair having 3D lumbar support, 3D adjustable armrest, 135 Degree Back Tilt, Elasto Mesh covering, Smooth HydraLift, rollerblade casters for hardwood floor and 360-degree swivel.
- In essence, it helps the user come up with the most appropriate posture for any angle and work comfortably and without strain in that posture.
- You can adjust the mesh headrest up and down, the 3D armrest forwards, sideways, backward, up, and down to achieve the best fit for your body.
- Whichever position you get into the seat slides up or down to offer an ultimate custom fit and the 3D Lumbar support hugs your back for the most comfortable seating posture without straining your muscles or ligaments.
- It is covered with breathable ElastoMesh, which helps to get optimal airflow to the back and seat and avoid sweating and stickiness.
- However, because of the exceptional quality of the mesh, it feels smooth on seating and not like seating on the wire. The Ergo3D chair is so comfortable that you may find an alibi to get up and get some exercise.
- It has a heavy-duty 5-point base with dual castors and roller hardwood blade wheels which not just offers enhanced stability and strength, but also helps with smooth movement even over the hardwood flooring.
- The base is made up of iron, which makes it heavy-duty and ideal for users weighing up to 275 lb.
- If you are feeling like taking a short break and relax, settle back. The chair can tilt up to 135° and help you get to the perfect relaxing posture.
- Gear up for the next job, lounge back smartly, and still achieve the most appropriate seating posture.
The manufacturer offers a five years warranty.
- Moreover, you can try it for 30-Days without any risk and experience how it changes your working life.
- Extra Blade Wheels for no cost.
- Ergonomic as well as comfortable.
- Suitable only for users weighing up to 275 lbs.
9. RESPAWN-900 Computer Chair
- If you are into professional gaming and need a chair that can help you engage in intense gaming sessions and take short power breaks intermittently, you need to go for this chair.
- This plush leather-covered chair boasts of segmented padding and removable headrest pillow to offer the ultimate experience in seating.
- This fully functional gaming chair is also a perfect recliner that can let you completely level up and take some quick short breaks.
- There is a side pouch hanging off the left arm where you can keep the game controllers. There is also a cupholder in the left arm to make sure you can refuel and hydrate during an intense gaming session.
- It has a continuous surface from seat to footrest and no open spaces to prevent entangling of wires. Moreover, there are independent controls for various functionalities.
- The chair also offers 360-degree swivel, and the base provides sturdy support to make sure that you can extend the footrest or extent the back without an iota of apprehension.
- Segmented padding and headrest pillow offer all-day gaming comfort while keeping the spine properly aligned. Despite being a continuous chair, it has a collapsible footrest.
- Not only does the back recline up to 135-degrees angle, but it can also move independently of the footrest. The footrest, too, is independent of the backrest.
- In essence, the combination offers the ultimate freedom in choosing your seating posture.
- Full recline capability along with continuous footrest to help take complete rest.
- The manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty of up to 275 lb of weight.
- It does not have casters, which makes it difficult to move or drag the chair.
- Heavier in comparison to many other computers and gaming chairs.
- Not suitable as an office chair.
10. SMUGDESK Ergonomic Chair
- If you are looking for the best budget office chair, this piece from Smugdesk can be high on your wish-list. This is a high-back computer chair with adjustable headrest and armrest for use in desk as well as computer jobs.
- The adjustable headrest is very much a part of any good chair meant for a long day of a sedentary job. Seating for a long time can cause neck problems, but the adjustable headrest design of this chair can prevent this.
- You can freely rotate the headrest in different dimensions and get to the most comfortable position for the head and neck.
- It offers excellent functional lumbar support. This means that whichever posture you are in the lumbar support would hug your lower back and reduce spine fatigue.
- This helps the body to relax and prevent or reduce back pain. In essence, it helps to maintain the natural curvature of the spine and to avoid strain to the surrounding muscles and tendons. This can prevent lower back pain.
- It has a 3D multi-functional adjustable armrest. This offers an extraordinarily comfortable sitting posture necessary for taking some rest from intense work and offering some relaxation to the muscles and tendons.
- The backrest and seat are encrusted with breathable elastic mesh and an air-right design. This allows optimum airflow and makes for a comfortable sitting posture.
- The backrest has a 3-tier high-elastic mesh, and the seat cushion is a double mesh pad that offers maximum breathability.
- While the backrest helps to maintain the natural curvature of the spine, the 3-degree shape of the seat complements the human body curve and helps to maintain a comfortable and healthy seating posture for long-term use.
- With fast and multidimensional headrest adjustment, accurate height adjustment, and ability to meet dynamic requirements, this is an ideal chair for long term use in an office.
- The chair has a reliable set of 5-claw legs which makes it safe, stable, flexible as well as durable.
- The combination of height, headrest, and armrest adjustability renders functional ergonomic and hugs the whole spine in proper alignment, including the lumbar and neck regions.
- It has got a waist pillow to reduce spine fatigue.
- The seat cannot be adjusted back and forth.
- Offers just one year warranty.
11. Herman Miller Classic Aeron Chair
- This is a renewed version of the Herman Miller Classic Aeron Task Chair from Amazon and is backed by a 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
- It comes with a Tilt Limiter, Seat Angle Adjuster, Lumbar Pad, and Standard Carpet Casters. All these features, along with fully Adjustable Vinyl Arms, make this a wholesome ergonomic computer chair suitable for long hours of seating.
- It incorporates Pellicle elastomeric suspension seat and backrest, the result of long years of research on the science of seating.
- The technology consists of eight zones of tension for different postures of seating and adjusting to every position.
- It also boasts of PostureFit SL backrest support, which helps to preserve the natural forward tilt of the pelvis.
- It also incorporates lumbar support needed to keep the lumbar portion of your spine in its natural alignment. Individually adjustable pads in the backrest and seat offer optimum lumbar support too.
- Together with lumbar support, this helps in stabilizing the lower spine and offering a controlled seating posture.
- All these features, along with the elastomeric suspension, help the chair to move seamlessly. So shifting your posture from forward to reclining and vice versa is smooth and balanced throughout the range of reclining angles.
- Moreover, it has got a tilt limiter. So if you are afraid of tilting too much, rest assured, the tilt limiter mechanism will prevent you from toppling by limiting the extent of tilt.
- The Pellicle elastomeric material also helps to remove the heat generated by long hours of seating and preserve a comfortable temperature throughout.
- This particular chair is meant for size B, which means it is intended for users of moderate size and weight. It can seamlessly fit various body types in the medium weight and size category and deliver a comfortable seating experience.
- Its cross-performance design ensures that you can stay focused on your job irrespective of the posture you need to take up. It conforms to a varied range of activities.
- So, whether you are hard at work on the computer, focusing on your desk job, or looking for a relaxed reclining posture, you can get the most comfortable fit for the position.
- The chair has a Graphite finish all over.
- Offers support to every posture.
- Tilt limiter helps to prevent toppling.
- No back height adjustment.
- Not for heavy users.
12. Noblechairs ICON Chair
- This is a chair that perfectly fits the definition of a comfortable, ergonomic chair. Wrapped in thick, extra soft PU Leather and filled with 55% freshly molded cold foam, this office/gaming chair offers optimum comfort and good seating experience.
- In fact, the design and material are inspired by luxury sports car seats.
- The cold foam density of the seat is optimal for comfort and maximum breathability. The solid steel frame makes sure that you can have comfortable seating even in the most reclining position and the most forward posture without the fear of toppling over.
- You can recline the chair by up to 135 degrees to get the most optimal reclining position and also spread your arms on the adjustable armrests, which are flexible across four dimensions.
- It also has a stylish rocking mechanism and can support users weighing upto 330 lbs because of the sturdy steel core.
- You can easily adjust the seat height with the help of the durable Class 4 hydraulic gas lift built over the aluminum base. The cold foam upholstery is firm and resilient to wear. You also get complimentary lumbar and heat pillows.
- It features 2.4″ PU casters which are suitable for both hard & soft floors. It also features neck and lumbar support cushions for preventing neck strain and preserving the alignment of the lumbar spine.
- The combination of PU leather cover, premium stitching, and debased logo also makes it very appealing stuff to have in your home or office.
- Very comfortable, ergonomic chair.
- Fits for gaming, as well as office use.
- The rocking mechanism works a maximum of 11 degrees.
- Too heavy to drag across the floor.
13. La Z Boy Leather Chair
- If you are looking for the best home office chair that offers optimum comfort and looks gorgeous too, the La Z Boy Bellamy Executive Bonded Leather computer Chair may be meant for you.
- The La-Z-Boy Bellamy office chair features ComfortCore Plus advanced layered seating system, which offers plush cushioning along with optimal firmness for exceptional comfort as well as support.
- You can adjust the height as well as the tilt to get the most desired body alignment and position and, at the same time, ensure that you get the most natural alignment for your spine.
- It consists of a padded headrest and layered body pillows that offer plush support and minimize discomfort arising out of pressure points.
- This is an executive computer chair wrapped with bonded leather upholstery and having a dark stained wood color that complements modern office spaces. The thick padding and wide cushioning assures optimum lumbar support and make sure that you can sit for long hours without straining your back.
- The end of the seat has a waterfall design, which helps to preserve blood flow to the lower legs. This can prevent weakness or cramp in legs and keep up your productivity.
- The chair has a stable and robust base with smooth-rolling wheels, which allows smooth movement across the floor.
- Ergonomic and comfortable for all day long seating.
- This chair comes with one-box packaging and is easy to assemble.
- The reclining angle is just 20 degrees, which is not fit for a relaxing position.
- The armrest cannot be adjusted.
14. GT RACING Chair
- If you are looking for a good office computer desk chair that can also double up as a gaming chair, then the GT RACING GT901M Gaming Chair can be a good buy.
- It is built on a durable metal frame, which helps to promote comfort while seating for long periods of time.
- Moreover, the backrest, as well as the seat, are thickly padded for comfort, and there is a retractable footrest that works just perfect when you feel like giving some respite to the legs and relax.
- Along with the footrest, it also has adjustable armrests and height-adjustable seats. Moreover, it has a great reclining feature. In fact, it can recline up to 170°, which is indeed great.
- You can also rock back and forth in it and enjoy 360°swivel. Then there is a lumbar cushion and a removable headrest pillow for additional support.
- It also boasts of smooth PU leather upholstery and thickly padded high-density foam seat cushion. In all, the chair has more or less all the elements essential for comfort and relaxation.
- Moreover, the footrest is retractable, which means you can use it when you need to relax and retract it when you need to work.
- It has got a heavy-duty base and smooth-rolling nylon casters that offer enhanced mobility and stability. Owing to this, it can easily carry users weighing up to 300lbs.
- Two Bluetooth speakers incorporated in the chair help to deliver a richly detailed surround sound in solid bass. You can connect it to your smartphone or Bluetooth-enabled devices, and enjoy enchanting music while relaxing and revitalizing for the next challenge.
- Though this is mostly used as a gaming chair, it can also be an ideal computer chair for computer jobs. The overall aesthetic appeal of the chair can make space look more vibrant and elegant.
- Sturdy chair with all elements of comfort.
- Retractable footrest offers complete relaxation.
- The lumbar cushion appears to be too dense and firm for comfort.
- There is no locking feature for the recline function.
15. REFICCER High Back Chair
- If you are searching for the best big and tall computer chair that is heavy-duty, comfortable, ergonomic, as well as easily movable, you can go for the REFICCER High Back Big & Tall 400lb Leather Office Chair.
- This is a 360-degree swivel chair having a heavy-duty metal base, an adjustable tilt, ergonomic design complete with lumbar support, and thick padding in seat and backrest.
- The chair boasts of extra-soft high density and thick padding that helps to make your seating comfortable for a long time.
- The edge of the seat has a waterfall design that takes the pressure off your lower legs and can help you stay comfortable for long hours.
- The chair has got cable controlled levers by the side of the seat to lower or raise the seat. Underneath the seat, there is a tilt tension knob with which you can adjust the extent of rocking.
- The chair has a solid base and a stable structure, which makes it a good one for reclining and rocking. Pneumatic height control is enabled by explosion-proof gas and solid metal base.
- This makes it suitable for tall and heavy-built users weighing upto 400lbs. Bonded leather not just imparts an elegant style to the chair. It also makes the seat and backrest less prone to wear. It can be an aesthetic addition to your office.
- A number of adjustable features for optimum comfort and ergonomics.
- Heavy built and stable for reclining and rocking.
- Manufacturer offers only 1 year warranty.
Features Of An Ergonomically Designed Computer Chair
- An ergonomically designed chair must support the natural curvature of the spine. In essence, it must support the spine in its natural alignment.
- If it is not able to do so, the muscles and ligaments holding the spine in its natural alignment will be stressed to preserve the alignment. This may give rise to various types of pains, such as neck pain, lower back pain, etc.
- The best office chair for back pain must also be adjustable so that you can fit the chair in accordance with your physical proportions.
- The extent of adjustability may vary, but mainly the back of the chair, the armrests, and the height should be adjustable. Additionally, a swivel feature can help you to adjust your position without dragging the chair while multitasking.
- An ergonomic office chair needs to support both the torso and the neck. In fact, the best back support for the office chair is one with a high backrest.
- It can be much like a car seat since a car seat can support the neck as well as the back of the user. This reduces both neck and back strain and offers a comfortable seating experience.
- If you are suffering from low back pain, you need to go to the best office chair for lower back pain. Such a chair must offer lumbar support for long hour seating.
- In fact, any ergonomically designed office chair for long hour seating must offer lumbar support. A chair with lumbar support provides support to the lower back and prevents strain and injury.
- An ergonomically significant aspect of posture is able to maintain the same position for an extended period of time. This calls for cushioning since cushions help to support the structure.
- So the best home office chair needs to have a cushioning feature apart from being ergonomically designed. However, too much cushioning may be detrimental to health.
- While an office chair for long hours of seating should be ergonomically designed and need to offer some level of comfort as well, it should not be overloaded with features.
- This can make the chair a complex and costly product. Maintenance, too, can become complex and costly. So, you need to have a budget chair that accommodates all the required designs, and the best budget office chair has a minimal design.
Frequently Asked Questions On Computer Chairs For Long Hours
How long is an office chair good for?
Office chairs are meant to offer an ensemble of ergonomic and comfort features for overall satisfaction and healthy seating. Any shortcomings in one of the elements may render it useless.
If the seat padding starts to sag or the lumbar pad does not offer proper support, or the armrest has given way, the chair may not be fit for use anymore, unless it can be brought back to its previous form.
Are mesh office chairs better?
Long hours of seating can generate heat in the contact areas such as the seat and the backrest. This can make seating uncomfortable. To make it comfortable to sit, there needs to be an arrangement to circulate the air and bring in the fresh air.
Mesh covered chairs help in the circulation of air since they make the backrest and the seat breathable. This can make mesh-covered chairs better than others.
What makes a chair ergonomic?
Ergonomics is about increasing efficiency in working settings bogged down by unaccommodating working conditions. Office furniture, especially chairs, is an integral part of any working place. One of the common problems with unaccommodating office chairs is that they cause back and neck pain.
Ergonomic chair means designing it in such a way that it does not cause neck and back pain and also makes it comfortable to sit for a long time. This implies that there are some features that make a chair ergonomic.
Some of the essential features of an ergonomic chair are – long and adjustable backrest, adjustable seat height, lumbar support (adjustable ones are better), neck support, adjustable armrest, waterfall seat design.
How much a good office chair cost?
The cost of material and design makes good office chairs costly. Though you can get good ones, even within $100, the more the price, the better it is. Needless to say, the higher the price, the better is the material used in the chair. A chair covered with bonded leather is obviously better than one with vinyl in terms of breathability and comfort.
But bonded leather costs more than vinyl. This is why office chairs have a vast price range. You can get ones below $100 as well as those above $1000. In general, though a chair costing a few hundred dollars can be a good buy if you are not addicted to leather or don’t have a tall and big body. For people of heavier and taller frames, the cost can be higher.
Why are office chairs so expensive?
The cost of an office chair depends on the design, as well as the material used to make it. There are some proprietary technologies in the science of seating that make seating more ergonomic and comfortable. These make chairs costly. Even without proprietary technology, designing an ergonomic chair requires finesse in manufacturing.
These chairs are mostly made of multiple components that you need to assemble to make the chair. All these materials need to be robust enough to sustain the ergonomic features. Costly materials offer better ergonomics and more comfort compared to cheap ones. This is why office chairs are so expensive.
Few Words Before Wrapping Up…
We have now gone through a complete list review of the best computer chairs for long hours in 2020. All the above computer chairs are the best ones with many positive reviews and five stars ratings that you can buy right now from amazon.
All the chairs deliver high-quality comfort, incredibly supportive, and highly durable in the long run. The main plus point about these computer chairs is much cheaper compared to others in the market.
However, the right computer for you will entirely rely on your personal choices and budget. We hope we have helped you to get enough information about computer chairs for long hours.
Comment down below your queries, which you feel is missing or something that you would want to ask us.
We will make sure to reply back as soon as possible.
If you found this guide helpful, then don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.