Gaming for long hours is demanding for your entire back and neck. Want to make it comfortable! You need to select the best computer chairs for gaming long hours.
These premium built computer gaming chairs will support your back and neck as well as deliver a comfortable sitting experience for long hours. Such a chair can support the natural curvature of the spine, which is essential for comfortable seating.
Chairs that don’t support the natural curvature of the spine but adds more pressure on it. This results in back and neck pain. If you are using an ordinary chair for long hours sitting, you may suffer from chronic lower back pain.
However, all gaming chairs available in the market are not ergonomically designed. That is why we have listed some of the most ergonomically designed and are really comfortable computer chairs to sit on for long hours in 2020 after researching online and spending hours testing these computer gaming chairs.
Here is a list that you can go by.
Best Computer Chairs For Gaming In 2020 — Reviewed
1. GTRACING Gaming Chair
- Strong metal frame
- Thick padded seat and back
- Armrest and seat-height are adjustable;
- Reclining capability is 90 to 170 degrees with rocking
- 5-point base with smooth-rolling casters
- Lumbar cushion and headrest are removable.
- 300 pounds of weight capacity.
This is a high-back chair with a durable metal frame. A robust framework is a prerequisite for stability, especially when you are looking for the perfect recline angle or rocking to relax your mind and body. In fact, the best computer chairs for gaming have a strong and robust metal frame.
This chair is covered with smooth PU leather and has thickly cushioned back & seat. All these ensure maximum comfort for your back as well as butt and make seating for long hours comfortable.
The armrests, as well as the seat-height, are adjustable. So, you can get the perfect seat height as well as achieve the ideal position to rest your arms.
You can recline the chair up to 170°, which means you can achieve the best reclining posture for your body. If you want to enjoy rocking in the chair, you are welcome. You can rock the chair when you feel like taking a quick break and relax.
The 360°swivel capability is useful for multitasking. There are a removable lumbar cushion and a headrest pillow that offer added comfort and support. There are a heavy-duty 5-point base and smooth-rolling nylon casters, which are great for stability as well as mobility.
- Highly adjustable ergonomics
- Sturdy base helps to achieve any posture
- Armrests are not 3D adjustable
- May lead to the build-up of sweat if you are seating for long hours
2. OFM Essentials Gaming & Office Chair
- Racing car style gaming chair
- Contoured segmented padding,
- Integrated padded arms and headrest
- Adjustable height with flip-up arms and 360 degrees of swivel
- SofThread leather upholstery material
- 275 pounds of weight capacity
This is a racing car inspired heavy-duty chair made for long-term use. It provides luxurious comfort while seating for an intense gaming session or a long day at work.
The chair has been designed ergonomically and has contoured segmented padding, built-in padded headrest, and built-in lumbar support. It also has padded arms, which can offer much-needed relaxation to your tired arms after a tiring gaming session or long hours of work.
While sitting on the chair, you can adjust its height and achieve the most suitable height for you. There is an array of other features that make this chair a very comfortable one to sit on and relax for long hours.
You can tilt the chair and achieve a relaxing posture. You can also adjust the extent of tilt with the help of the tilt tension control and tilt lock. The combination of tilt control and 360 degrees swivel capability lets you achieve the most relaxing posture.
You can tilt, swivel, and do more with the chair, knowing that it is stable, sturdy, and reliable. You can also flip-up the arms if you feel that you don’t need them. The chair carries SofThread Leather upholstery in contrasting colors. All these make it one of the best computer chairs for gaming.
- Ergonomic design
- Good for relaxation
- The seat cushion may get compressed and flat after 1.5 years
You Might Also Like: 12 Things To Consider Before Buying An Office Chair In 2020
3. Fortnite HIGH STAKES-R Racing Style Gaming Rocker Chair
- Racing style trumpet pedestal base rocking chair
- Segmented padding with a high back,
- Additional head and neck cushioning with built-in lumbar support for more comfort
- Flip-up armrests with the tilt tension adjustment up for full 118-degree recline
- 275 lbs pounds of weight capacity
This is a pedestal base rocking chair designed for the console gamer engaged in extreme gaming sessions. It is very comfortable and durable. It features a high back with segmented padding and extra cushion for the head and neck.
While segmented padding offers excellent support to the back, the cushion helps the head and neck to rest. It also has a robust, integrated lumbar support that offers excellent lower back support for long-duration seating.
The chair has got an array of adjustable features. These make it one of the best computer chairs for gaming. These include padded, pivoting armrests that you can flip up and out when you don’t need them. There is a tilt tension adjustment system that lets you adjust the recline level of the chair to 118 degrees.
The trumpet pedestal base offers reliable support so that the user can achieve any posture without feeling wobbly. Moreover, the seat is covered with a stain-resistant and durable material, which is helpful for extended use.
The chair is capable of the 360-degree swivel. This, along with recline capability, lets you achieve the perfect relaxing posture. It also saves space. You can just tuck it at any place owing to its 360-degree swivel capability.
- Solid base support
- Ergonomic design
- Suitable for console gamers
4. Homall Gaming Chair
- High-Density shaping Foam, thick steel frame, and PU Leather cover.
- Supports up to 300lbs
- Rubber casters
- 360 Degree Swivel, recline function, and rocking function.
- 300 lbs pounds of weight capacity.
This is a high back chair made of 1.8 m thick steel frame and stuffed with high-density shaping foam. The back has been designed in such a way that it conforms to the natural curvature of the spine.
The steel frame makes it a stable and robust chair for the user to achieve any posture without feeling unsteady. Again, the foam makes it comfortable to sit on for long periods of time. Moreover, it is covered with skin-friendly and wear-resistant PU leather. PU leather is wear-resistant too.
The chair also has a built-in headrest and lumbar pillows. The lumbar pillow offers support to the lower back and helps it to stay in its normal alignment. The headrest helps the user to rest his head and therefore prevent straining of the neck, which is common with long hours of seating.
It has also got a number of adjustable features. There is an adjustable height that can help you increase the seat height from 17.3 from 21.5 inches. If you want to relax and recline your back, this chair offers ample scope to do that. You can recline the back to 180 degrees.
Once you achieve your best reclining position, you can lock it with the tilt lock mechanism. The sturdy five-star base and rubber casters make rolling across the floor quiet and smooth.
- The back of the chair has an ergonomic design that nicely supports the spine in its natural alignment
- Solid frame and robust make are good for users experimenting with the chair in various postures, recline angles, heights, etc.
- The armrest is not adjustable. So, you may not be able to relax your arms in the most comfortable way.
You Might Also Like: Best Gaming Chairs Under $100 In 2020 [Premium Quality]
5. Fortnite OMEGA-Xi Gaming Chair By RESPAWN
- The racing car-inspired design and stain-resistant cover.
- High back, segmented padding, integrated headrest, and extendable footrest.
- One hundred fifty-five degrees recline capability with infinite locking positions and tilt tension adjustment system.
- Padded and pivoting armrests, 360 degrees of swivel rotation.
- It can accommodate users weighing up to 275 lb.
This is a racing car-design inspired gaming chair offering luxurious comfort that makes it one of the best computer chairs for gaming. This chair has a high back with segmented padding. Such a design is considered to be ergonomic as it helps to support the spine in its normal alignment.
The chair also has an integrated headrest and integrated lumbar support and an extendable footrest. The headrest lets the user rest his head and prevent neck strain while working for a long duration. The lumbar support is an essential part of an ergonomic design.
It supports the lower back, which usually does not get any support in our healthy seating posture. It also has padded armrests rounded out at the edges to add to your comfort. There is an extendable footrest that usually folds beneath the seat base. When you feel like relaxing, just kick the footrest out and extend your legs.
The chair has several relaxing features. You can recline to about 155 degrees. To achieve the perfect position, there is a tilt tension adjustment system and infinite locking positions to achieve the ideal recline. The armrests are soft and padded and pivot with the chair as you recline.
So, there is an array of features that help you to rest after a long day at work. The 360 degrees swivel capability enables dynamic movement, helps to achieve the best posture for you as well as saves space. There is a stain-resistant cover that does not wear easily and can be used extensively for extended periods of time.
- Ergonomic back design
- Adjustable lumbar pillow and headrest helps to achieve the best posture
- Seating for long duration can make your back sticky with sweat
- You cannot change the height.
6. X Rocker Pro Series H3
- Leather lounging gaming chair.
- Four forward-facing speakers, audio force modulation technology, and ported power subwoofers.
- Additional vibration motors.
- Compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, MP3s, DVDs, and most other gaming systems.
- It can accommodate users weighing up to 275 lbs.
This is a vibrating floor rocking gaming chair ideal for console gaming. You can also watch movies, read books and just relax. This has been designed ergonomically, and it offers full back support as well as head support with a headrest. It has got durable vinyl upholstery that is easy to clean and durable.
There are four forward-facing speakers and ported powerful subwoofers inside the chair, which help to render immersive sound from your movie, game, or music.
There are additional motors that vibrate in sync with the audio bass of your music, movie, or game and creates a powerful full-body vibration sensation. This, along with the audio force modulation technology and the two subwoofers, helps to keep you entertained for hours.
The chair is compatible with various gaming systems such as PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Wii, DVDs, MP3, etc. The control panel has separate bass and volume controls as well as separate input and output jacks.
So, you can connect several chairs to the audio source. This is useful in a multi-game mode. You can fold the arms of the chair. This makes the chair easy to store. Also, if you don’t want the arms while sitting on it, you can fold them.
- Offers full back support
- Comfortable for playing console games, watching movies, listening to music and reading books
- Not compatible with desk work or computer gaming
- The vinyl cover may give rise to sweating if you sit for long hours
You Might Also Like: Best Office Chairs Under $100 In 2020 [Premium Quality]
7. RESPAWN RSP-800 OFM Rocking Gaming Chair
- Segmented padding along with comfortable high back.
- Additional head and neck cushioning
- Padded and flip-up arm sets
- Tilt tension adjustment with a full 118-degree recline.
- Trumpet pedestal base offers 360-degree swivel capability.
- 275 pounds of weight capacity with strong lumbar support.
This is a rocker gaming chair that is ideal for the console gamer as it lets the gamer get closer to the action. It can support you through extreme gaming sessions.
Respawn RSP 800 comes with high back with segmented padding. Such padding is helpful in providing ergonomic support to the spine. It also has an additional head and neck cushion. This prevents neck strain when you are sitting and gaming for a long time. There is a robust built-in lumbar pillow that can support your lower back and prevent it from straining if you are sitting for long hours.
There are some adjustable features in this chair. The armrests are padded and pivoting, and you can flip them up and out of the way if you don’t need them. It has a tilt tension adjustment system, which lets you adjust the ease of rocking the chair. You can recline this respawn chair to a maximum of 118 degrees.
A stain-resistant bonded leather material covers the chair. This is durable, and you can use it for a long period of time. The trumpet pedestal base provides marvelous sturdy support. You can also swivel the chair by 360 degrees and make smooth placements in your gaming room.
- Segmented padding in the back helps to offer ergonomic support.
- Trumpet pedestal base offers excellent support.
- You may sweat if you are sitting for a long time.
8. Devoko Ergonomic Gaming Chair
- High back with adjustable lumbar support & headrest pillow
- 360-degree swivel
- Muted rolling wheels
- Racing car-inspired design with integrated metal frame and explosion-proof gas spring
- Comfortable recline with tilt-locking mechanism and recline angle adjustment system
This is a high back chair with adjustable lumbar support & headrest pillow. The adjustable lumbar pillow can offer customized support to the lower back and protect the spine in its normal alignment.
Similarly, the adjustable headrest pillow offers customized support to the neck and prevents neck strain if you are sitting for long hours. The chair is capable of 360-degree swivel and has mute rolling wheels. The swivel capability is useful in multitasking as well as in storing the chair. You can just tuck in the chair under the bed.
The mute rolling wheels prevent scratching the floor and let the chair move freely. This is a heavy-duty racing-style gaming chair built with an integrated metal frame. It is covered by premium breathable leather that prevents the build-up of sweat when you sit for a long time.
The chair has a tilt adjustment and locking system with a recline angle adjuster. So, if you are feeling like stretching your legs and relieve that pent up fatigue, you can recline the chair and tilt it at the most perfect angle for you. You can also adjust the height as the chair boasts of an explosion-proof gas lift.
- Ergonomically designed back and adjustable lumbar pillow and headrest offer good support to the body
- Incorporates various features for intermittent relaxation
- The lumbar pillow is somewhat oversized
- The armrest is not adjustable
You Might Also Like: How To Choose The Best Gaming Chair? (Buying Guide)
9. X Rocker Surge Computer Gaming Chair
- The bonded faux leather gaming chair.
- Two forward-facing speakers with a powerful subwoofer and Ace Bayou’s high tech audio system
- Full back support and mesh upholstery
- Compatible with most gaming devices, MP3 players, Blue-ray, DVD, CD, TV, etc.
- It can accommodate users weighing up to 275 lbs.
This is a rocker gaming chair that is ideal for watching movies, reading books, and console gaming. The chair has been designed ergonomically as it offers full back and head support. It sports bonded faux leather and mesh upholstery. The mesh upholstery may prevent the build-up of sweat while sitting for a long time.
There are two forward-facing speakers and a powerful subwoofer, which produces a low rumble. This can intensify the feeling when you are engaged in extreme gaming, watching movies, or listening to music. It also boasts of Ace Bayou’s high tech audio system. The system offers an immersive sound.
Moreover, the Audio Force Modulation Technology magnifies sound quality and intensifies the audio experience. This can keep you entertained for hours. The chair is compatible with various gaming systems such as PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Wii, DVDs, MP3, PSP Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS2, TV, Blu-ray, CD Players, etc.
The control panel has separate bass and volume controls as well as separate input and output jacks. So, you can connect multiple chairs to the audio source. This is useful in a multi-game mode. The backrest of this computer gaming chair can be folded. So, you can fold it and store it easily.
- Offers back support
- Comfortable for playing console games, watching movies, listening to music and reading books
- Does not have a vibrating floor that creates an immersive experience
10. X Rocker 2.1 Rocking Gaming Chair
- Breathable fabric back and seat with Microfiber faux suede stylish outer.
- High back pedestal chair with tilt & swivel capability.
- The wireless audio transmission with two speakers and a 4” subwoofer
- Ergonomic back and neck support, as well as pivoting armrests.
- Compatible with most gaming systems and devices.
This is a pedestal rocking chair that you can use to play video games, listen to music, watch movies, read, or just chill. It has a high back along with tilt & swivel capabilities. The combination of tilt and swivel features helps the user to achieve a relaxing position. The swivel feature itself helps to store the chair.
While the high back of the chair delivers back support, the neck support prevents the neck from straining and helps the user in seating for long hours without discomfort.
The chair has got padded armrests that are smooth and can reduce stress and fatigue on your arms. It has a breathable mesh cover on back and seat, which prevents the build-up of sweat. The breathable fabric cover soaks up built-in sweat and provides a comfortable seating environment.
It boasts of wireless audio transmission and has two speakers and a powerful 4” subwoofer the backrest. This provides a low rumble that can intensify your gaming, musical, or movie experience. It is compatible with most gaming devices & systems, including TV, CD, smart devices, DVD, MP3 player, and Blu-ray.
The chair comes with a control panel that has volume and bass controls along with that it has input and output jacks to deliver the great gaming experience. Because of these, you can connect one chair to another and join a multi-game mode. The chair can accommodate users weighing up to 275 lbs.
- Ergonomic design
- Compatible with most gaming devices and systems
- Armrests are not 3D adjustable
- Best for console gaming, reading books and etc
Frequently Asked Questions On Computer Gaming Chairs
1. Should I get a gaming chair or an office chair?
If you are into console gaming, you need to get a gaming chair designed exclusively for console gaming. A chair for console gaming is a kind of rocking floor chair or pedestal rocking chair that stays low and offers a plush and comfortable seating.
However, such a chair is neither suitable for computer gaming nor suitable for a desk job. If you are into computer gaming, you can get a gaming chair or an office chair. However, there are differences between them too.
In computer gaming chairs, you can recline and adjust the backrest. On the other hand, in-office chairs, the backrest is usually fixed. Moreover, usually, there are no footrests in office chairs, whereas this is a common feature in gaming chairs.
So, if you need a chair for a desk job you may need to go for an office chair. Otherwise, a gaming chair may be a better option.
2. What’s so special about gaming chairs?
Gaming chairs are different since gaming is different from an office job. Professional gamers such as those playing PUBG need to sit for long durations and be on his toes to engage the enemy. Gaming can be an intensive action requiring readiness, preparedness, and intense response.
This also calls for short sessions of relaxation. So, gaming chairs need to be designed in such a way that one can lounge, but come back into action swiftly. This calls for an array of relaxation features such as reclining back, rocking capability, footrest, etc.
For a console gamer, however, the requirements are different. If you are a console gamer, you need to have a chair that lets you stay lower while being closer to the theatre of action.
So, you need a floor rocker or a pedestal rocker chair. Such a chair is much lower than a computer gaming chair and does not have the feature of adjustable height.
3. Are gaming chairs bad for posture?
It is not right to say that all gaming chairs are bad for posture. Computer gaming chairs are much like computer desk chairs; they only have some extra features. In fact, the best computer chairs for gaming are much like computer desk chairs.
It may have a reclining back, which you can lock. It may also have a footrest so that you can stretch yourself and even catch a quick nap. There may also be lumbar support and a headrest in such a chair.
Nonetheless, it would not be unfair to say that rocking floor chairs may be bad for posture. The design itself hardly lets the user achieve the most ergonomic posture.
It is a couch, rather than an ergonomic chair. Even those that come with a pedestal are not as ergonomic as computer desk chairs. They don’t let you adjust the height of the seat since they are fixed.
4. Why do gaming chairs have holes?
The best computer chairs for gaming have holes. They allow airflow and make seating comfortable during extended hours of gaming. They also let you put straps and fix a pillow to act as a headrest. In fact, you can adjust the headrest and position it correctly with straps.
You can also buy a smaller or a larger pillow, depending on your convenience. Since gaming chair design is mostly inspired by the car seat, the holes are a natural occurrence. Car seats are meant to keep you properly secured to the seat even when you are turning at high speed.
Gaming can be an intense activity. Indeed, it is common for gamers to be lost in their games during dramatic actions like high-speed racing and others. So, gamers may involuntarily jiggle and sway to the action. This calls for a system to restrict the gamers to the chair. The holes allow the installation of 5-point or 7-point harnesses to restrict the gamer to the seat.
Few Words Before Wrapping Up…
There is a horde of competition in the gaming chair arena. So, declaring the winner can be a tough call. However, there are features that do make one or a few of these superior to others. So, how do you adjudge the best computer chairs for gaming!
Needless to say that the best chair is one that supports your upper back, lower back, neck, buttocks, and legs. It must also prevent sweating as you are likely to sweat while sitting for long terms.
So, it must have customizable seat height, lumbar pillow, headrest, etc. It must also be covered in fabric or mesh so that there is no build-up of sweat. It must also be strong and stable so that you can achieve any posture, irrespective of whether you are in action or relaxing.
Keeping all these in view, the GT RACING Gaming Chair may be one of the best computer chairs for gaming. It has a strong metal frame with thick padded back & seat, adjustable armrest, and seat-height, 170°reclining capability for relaxation, and 360°swivel.
It also has a 5-point base with smooth-rolling casters, which offers solid support to the user in any posture. The chair comes with a removable headrest and lumbar cushion, which is good for ergonomics.