I hope you’ll agree with me when I say:
Bottom loading water dispensers are convenient, affordable, and easy to use.
Well, finding the “BEST” bottom loading water dispenser is not an easy job.
That is why we have created a list of Best Bottom Loading Water Dispenser of 2020. After researching online and spending hours reading reviews of these water dispensers, I have shortlisted the top 10 water dispensers, which you can buy right now.
Best Bottom Loading Water Dispenser 2020
|Avalon A4BLWTRCLR||Check On Amazon|
|Brio Water Dispenser & Cooler||Check On Amazon|
|Avalon Limited Edition||Check On Amazon|
|Avalon A6BLWTRCLRBLK||Check On Amazon|
|Primo hTRiO||Check On Amazon|
|hOmeLabs Water Dispenser||Check On Amazon|
|Primo Bottom Loading Dispenser||Check On Amazon|
|Primo Water Dispenser & Cooler||Check On Amazon|
|Avalon A5||Check On Amazon|
|Primo Water Dispenser Bottom Loading||Check On Amazon|
No more heavy lifting; with a bottom loading water dispenser, you can now fill the bottles without any hassle. You just need to slide in the water bottle into the bottom part of the primary unit and position it properly so that it can be plugged with the reverse feed pump.
It can offer you a continuous supply of healthy water until there is water in the tank. Yet, every item is not the same. You still need to do some research to buy the best one for your budget.
Indeed there are differences between the various models and brands. While some of these products are easy plug-and-use stuff, others demand careful installation for proper functioning.
Some models have only hot and cold water outlets, while others have a plain water outlet as well. In fact, there are several distinguishing features for these water dispensers that you need to be aware of.
The device needs to be compatible with RO connection too. The ease of use has given rise to a rise in demand for these products. Consequently, several brands are catering to the demand for bottom loading water dispensers. These include Blue Star, Avalon, Brio, Primo, hOmeLabs, and more.
Each of these brands has brought new models in the market where each new one seems to surpass the other in terms of quality.
However, to select the best one, you need to have a holistic view of the collection. So do you need one with a 5-gallon capacity or a 3-gallon capacity? Do you need hot, cold as well as plain water spouts? Is there a child in your house?
You Might Also Like: Best Air Compressor For Home Garage In 2020 [Updated]
1. Avalon A4BLWTRCLR
- This is a water dispenser that not just serves all your purpose, but can also send alerts about near-empty bottles and is also child safe.
- With a sleek design and three water dispensing options, this is not just an excellent solution for your home kitchen or office; it can also be a real aesthetic addition for the setting.
- The sleek and stylish stainless steel cabinet can fit any suitable corner in your office or home kitchen.
- Owners of this device really brag about two systems that make it one of the most sought after the device is in the market.
- The water dispenser has a built-in nightlight system, which makes the water spouts visible at night. So you don’t need to fumble to find out the cold water outlet at night.
- Whether you need cold, hot, or plain water, you can make it out clearly even when the lights are off. What is more, there is an empty-bottle indicator light.
- It lights up when the bottle needs replacement. So you don’t need to get a new jar of water and replace the old one at the dead of night, right when you feel like having a glass of cold or hot water.
- Being a bottom loading dispenser, it is a no-hassle system. While bottom loading eliminates the strain of lifting, it also reduces spills. Such a system is suitable for water bottles of 3-5 gallons.
- This is a family-friendly device since it is UL/Energy Star approved and has a child safety lock. The lock is put up on the hot water spout to prevent accidental hot water burns, especially in children.
- Being a metal device, it is also quite sturdy.
- While you get all these features, you can rest assured that the hot water dispensed by the unit is enough to make tea, and the cold water dispensed from it is cold enough to add zing to your drink without the need to add ice cubes.
- The built-in night light system helps in finding out the right spot at the dark of night.
- There is an empty bottle indicator to indicate the spent bottle and replacement.
- The buttons may at first appear to be too hard to work with.
- The removable drip tray is not dishwasher friendly.
2. Brio Water Dispenser & Cooler
- This food-grade, metallic water dispenser can serve water in 3 temperature settings, i.e., Cold, Cool, and Hot. It is also UL/Energy Star approved, which means that it is energy efficient.
- With an innovative design and user-friendly features, this is a useful device to have in homes and offices.
- This device dispenses hot, cold, and cool water from 3 different spouts. The hot water is so hot that you can make tea, coffee, and soups with it.
- Likewise, the cold water is so cold that you don’t need to add ice to your drink. If you need just regular water, there is a separate spout for it. Moreover, all the spouts can work together.
- The device has a child safety lock attached to the hot water spout in order to prevent hot-water injury to children.
- You need to press in the safety lock before pressing down the lever for hot water in order to get hot water.
- The drip tray provided with this device has done away with the problem of dripping water after removing the glass.
- This water dispenser has an anti-rust drip tray, which helps to keep the place dry. This BPA-free tray is also easy to clean to maintain the hygiene of the place.
- There is a safety switch that you can use to control the temperature of the water. So, if you don’t want too hot or too cold water, you can use the switch.
- The empty bottle indicator in the device indicates when the water jar is empty, and it is time to refill it.
- It also boasts of a self-cleaning mechanism that sanitizes the tank and the lines off bacteria with the help of ozone.
- There is a provision for controlling the temperature of the water. So, if you don’t want too hot or too cold, you can adjust the temperature.
- There is replace bottle indicator to indicate that the bottle has become empty and needs to be replaced.
- The device may make some noise.
- The water tastes like plastic for the first few days.
3. Avalon Limited Edition
- This is a convenient, metal body, durable, sturdy, child-friendly, and user-friendly water dispenser that can deliver water in 3 different temperature settings, i.e., cold, hot & cool.
- This bottom loading energy star approved dispenser can be quite an aesthetic addition to your room, kitchen, or office. With a cord length of 6 feet, it is also easy to move around the device.
- With the three temperature setting, this device offers customized drinking experience. While the hot water is enough to make tea or coffee, the cold output is enough to replace ice in your drink.
- The device boasts of a Self Cleaning feature. By this, the machine can clean itself with the help of ozone gas and sanitize the water tanks off harmful germs & bacteria.
- The device has a child safety feature whereby the lock on the hot water spout prevents warm water injury to children. You need to open the lock by pressing it down in order to get hot water. It is also BPA free, which means that there is no harmful element in it.
- There is a built-in night light in the device, which makes the water spouts visible at night. It also has an empty-bottle indicator which lights up when the bottle needs replacement.
- This bottom loading dispenser can hold 3-5 gallon water bottles, which means you don’t need to change bottles frequently.
- It also has a dispensing area of 12x3x10 inches and a gap of 9 inches below the spouts, which helps accommodate most large bottles.
- The removable and hygienic drip tray prevents water from spilling on to the floor.
- Child safety feature prevents hot water burns to toddlers.
- Refill bottle alert is helpful in timely replacement of spent bottle.
- Drip tray does not pop out easily.
4. Avalon A6BLWTRCLRBLK
- This is a sleek and energy-efficient hot & cold water dispenser able to hold 3 or 5 Gallon Bottles. The device has two water spouts, one of which dispenses hot water while the other dispenses cold water.
- You can get piping hot water for making tea or coffee and ice cold water to use with your drinks.
- The device features a child safety lock. This makes sure that children are not injured due to accidental hot water splashes. So, you don’t need to worry if there is a toddler at home.
- Being a bottom loading dispenser, this device eliminates the strain of lifting and thereby also reduces spills. Moreover, you can load 3-5 gallon water bottles in it.
- There is a built-in nightlight in the device, which makes it easy to see the water spouts at night. It also comes with an indicator bulb to indicate replacement of the bottle as and when it gets spent.
- The ease of filling your bottle bolsters the user-friendly ensemble of the device. You just need to press the bottle against the paddle to let water flow into the container.
- Child safety lock for preventing hot water damage to toddlers.
- Built-in night light helps with the visibility of the water spouts at night.
- The water bottle is not supplied with the device.
- You get either piping hot or ice-cold water; no cool water spout or option.
5. Primo hTRiO
- This sexy looking device is not just a water dispenser, and it can also serve 20 K-Cup pods of single-serve coffee at one go. It can fill up single-serve beverages in sizes 6, 8, and 10 oz.
- There is a built-in storage tray for holding the K-Cups, which can hold 20 such cups. Moreover, the dispenser comes with a reusable coffee filter.
- This glamorous device can dispense ice-cold as well as piping-hot water as and when needed. It features very user-friendly paddle controls for filling bottles and cups. Moreover, the flow is so fast that it can fill up bottles in seconds.
- If there is a child in the house, there is a risk of hot water injury to it in case the child happens to push the paddle of the hot water spout.
- To prevent such unforeseen situations, there is a child safety feature in the device. Because of this child safety feature, there is no risk of your child getting injured even if it happens to push the hot water spout paddle accidentally.
- Being a bottom loading device it eliminates the need for lifting and flipping.
- Moreover, despite being bottom loading, the Primo water dispenser conceals the bottles inside the cabinet and gives a very clean look.
- You also don’t need to do any plumbing since it is a free-standing device.
- The water reservoir is made of stainless steel, which makes it not just durable but also healthy. The removable drip tray is safe for dishwasher washing and easy cleaning.
- Moreover, it is UL Certified and Energy Star Rated. It also offers a one-year limited warranty.
- The very fast flow of water can fill up bottles in seconds.
- Child safety lock to prevent hot water injury to toddlers.
- Takes some time to dispense hot water.
- The coffee maker has some problems.
6. hOmeLabs Water Dispenser
- This stainless steel bottom loading water dispenser comes with three water dispensing options – Hot, Cold, and Room Temperature.
- Simply load the water bottle inside the dispenser and insert the probe into it. It can hold 3 to 5-gallon water bottles.
- This stylish water dispenser is made of stainless steel, which makes it a sturdy product. It measures 40.9 x 14.2 x 12.2 inches, which can fit any space in the office, home, or gym. It also adds a modern touch to the place.
- The device comes with an intuitive control panel with an LED night light, which helps to pour water at the darkness of the night. It also comes with a refill bottle alert, which indicates with light when you need to refill a bottle.
- With this dispenser, you can get cold or hot water instantly. You can also get water at room temperature.
- If you have a toddler in the house, the child safety lock feature of the dispenser will do well to prevent hot water burn to the kid. In fact, clumsy adults or elders with hand tremors can also benefit from this unique feature of the device.
- The safety lock can prevent accidental pressing of the hot water button.
- The seller also offers a money-back guarantee in case the customer is not 100% satisfied.
- There is a refill bottle alert, which is very useful to indicate when the bottle needs replacement.
- The manufacturer offers two years warranty.
- The water dispensing rate is not at high as some other dispensers.
- The drip tray is not dishwasher safe.
7. Primo Bottom Loading Dispenser
- This handsome looking bottom loading water dispenser from Primo can support 3 or 5 Gallon Water Jugs and is available in black and Stainless steel colour.
- With this in your home or office, you can get both ice-cold and piping hot water instantly.
- To get water, you just need to push the button controls. To prepare the device for serving water, you just need to place the drip tray in the slot and load a three or 5-gallon bottle in the bottom cabinet.
- You don’t need to do any plumbing or installation job. Moreover, it comes with a multi-step reverse osmosis process, which ensures that the water you drink is of very high quality.
- The hot water spout comes with a child-resistant safety feature, which makes sure that there is no burn injury to the kid, even it pushes the hot water button accidentally.
- Since the bottle is concealed inside the cabinet, it offers a clean look and does not require any plumbing job.
- The door panel and the water reservoir are made of stainless steel, which makes them durable, hygienic, and removable.
- Even the drip tray is made of stainless steel which makes it dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
- The device is UL Certified and energy-efficient. It also offers a 1-year limited warranty.
- The device comes with a multi-step reverse osmosis process, which makes the water very safe to drink.
- The child-resistant safety lock with the hot water spout is quite useful in case you have a toddler at home.
- There is no spent bottle indicator, which makes it difficult to gauge when the water bottle needs to be replaced.
- It may sometimes make some noise although that is not disruptive.
8. Primo Bottom Loading Water Dispenser & Cooler
- With this bottom-loading water dispenser from Primo, it is now easy to get chilled or hot water instantly. You can get the desired water with just a push of the button.
- The device has stainless steel, removable water reservoir, which makes it durable and hygienic. It also has a stainless steel, dishwasher safe drip tray which prevents the splashing of water.
- The device has only one spout, but it can deliver hot, cold, or chilled water from the same spout and that too instantly. You need to load a three or 5-gallon water bottle and place the drip tray in place. No plumbing or installation job is required.
- The dispenser has a multi-step reverse osmosis tech, which makes sure that the water you drink is of high quality. It also has a child-resistant safety lock with the top.
- This lock can prevent hot water burns to children if they happen to turn on the tap accidentally.
- Moreover, because of its easy bottom-loading design, there is no need to lift and flip while the bottle during loading. Since the containers are concealed inside the cabinet, it sports a clean and clutter-free look.
- One of the most useful features of this device is that it can sanitize itself. The self-sanitizing technology makes use of ozone to disinfect its lines and reservoirs.
- Moreover, the device is UL Certified and offers a 1-year limited warranty.
- Despite having just one spout, this water dispenser can provide cold, ice-cold, or piping hot water instantly with a push of the button controls.
- Load a five or 3-gallon bottle into the cabinet, close the cabinet and start drinking hot, cold, or cool water.
- The self-cleaning feature is great for a water dispenser.
- Child safety lock to prevent hot water burns to children.
- There is no spent bottle alert.
- You need to make adjustments to the cap supplied with the device to use a 3-gallon bottle.
- However, instructions are supplied with the product.
9. Avalon A5
- This full size, stainless steel, UL/NSF/Energy star rated water dispenser does not need to be loaded with a bottle every time the previous one is spent.
- In fact, it does not need a bottle. It can draw water directly from the supply and serve filtered water in three different temperatures – crisp cold, piping hot, and regular.
- The device comes with a full installation kit consisting of required tubes, adapters, and valves along with illustrations and instructions.
- The filtration system consists of one sediment filter and one Carbon Block filter, which can last for 1500 gallons or six months.
- Because of the three-temperature setting, you can get piping hot, chilled as well as lukewarm water.
- The device boasts of a self-cleaning feature that sanitizes the dispenser with the help of ozone gas and prevents the build-up of harmful germs within the system.
- There is also a built-in nightlight in the device, which helps with the visibility of the water spouts at night. It also has a filter replacement indicator that lights up when the filters need replacement.
- The child safety lock on the hot water spout makes it safe for children and a worry-free device for the entire family.
- The bottle less design reduces cost of purchase of water bottles.
- Child safety lock, built-in night light, and self-cleaning are three essential and useful features that are present in this system.
- You need to do some plumbing job to use the device.
- You have to procure the filter separately. It does not come with the device.
10. Primo Water Dispenser Bottom Loading
- This is a bottom loading, energy-efficient, Energy Star rated and UL certified water dispenser that not just dispenses ice cold and piping hot water, but also enhances the look of the nook it is kept in.
- The device can support three as well as 5 Gallon water jugs.
- With this device in place, you can get piping-hot or ice-cold water at the push of a button.
- Moreover, the hot water spout comes with a child-resistant safety lock that prevents warm water injury to children if they happen to push the button accidentally.
- The easy bottom loading feature eliminates the need for lifting while loading water bottles. Moreover, since the bottle is concealed inside the cabinet, it offers a clean look.
- The device has a stainless steel water reservoir which imparts durability and hygiene to the system. Moreover, the removable drip tray is dishwasher safe.
- The device features a multi-step reverse osmosis system that ensures high-quality water whenever you turn on the tap.
- No plumbing or installation required to install the device.
- Offers 1-Year Limited Warranty.
- The water probe of the dispenser may not fit glass water bottles. You need to buy Primo water bottles or any other plastic water bottle.
- There is no indicator to indicate the water level in the water bottle.
FAQs On Bottom Loading Water Dispenser
1. How often be water dispenser be cleaned?
You should regularly clean and maintain your water dispenser to prevent bacteria buildup and enjoy the clean taste. According to the water dispensers expert, the cooler should be sanitized at-least in every 6 months.
2. Can water dispenser get mould?
Yes, we all know that mould is a health hazard and it can quickly accumulate on water dispensers. Mould not only gives foul odours but also spreads bacteria along with this they develop in the hard to reach areas. So you should always keep a lookout for mould in your water dispenser regularly.
3. Do water dispensers use a lot of electricity?
After the in-depth research, we have found that normal water cooler that provides cold, as well as hot water, use $80-$90 in electricity a year. Whereas cold water cooler uses only $11 in electricity a year.
4. What is the best water dispenser for the home?
Below listed are the best water dispenser that you can buy for your home.
- Primo water cooler dispenser
- Avalon premium countertop
- Avalon bottom loading water cooler dispenser
- Avalon A4BLWTRCLR
- Oasis premium water cooler dispenser
Along with all these, you can also check our above list of bottom loading water dispenser.
Things to consider before you go on to choose a water dispenser
The working module and how a water dispenser is to be cleaned. You need to peel present on the top of the bottle and fit the cap over it. Then the base has to be slid on to the bottom of the water bottle, and you are ready. You need to press down on the tap in a usual way as the pump would suck up the water to fill the tanks.
From an electrical outlet, you need to unplug the power. The water bottle is to be removed. In the water bottle, mix the cleaning solution. The cleaning bottle is to be hooked. Then you need to drain and rinse the reservoir. The parts have to replaced and plugged in. The water drip tray is to be cleaned.
Upon completion of a bottle of water, you need to unplug the cooler and remove the water bottle. You need to add 3 cups of hot water and 1 cup of vinegar. With the help of a clean cloth, you need to drain the entire surface of the reservoir.
The reservoir has to be drained with the help of taps. As per health experts, it is suggested that with every cooler or change of bottle, it has to be cleaned. Otherwise, it is necessary to clean it within six weeks. One of the essential tasks of the cooler is to keep the water as clean as possible. The best part is that to wash your dispenser; you just need some time, water along with vinegar
Safety and electrical inputs with bottom loading water dispenser
To a lot of people, it might not be known on the regular need for energy in order to keep the water cold and hot. It has to be stated that the water is heated at 95 degrees Celsius as the refill bottles are known to contain purified water that ensures that the dispensers are safe to produce baby food.
Till the point you keep the dispenser clean and free from the germ, there should not be any health issues with your baby or be it any other issue in the first place.
In many workplaces, water coolers are found. But at the same time, it could be a location where contamination could occur, and harmful bacteria along with germs might thrive. This increases the possibility where employees might fall sick and not report to work.
Storage procedures and how water has to be kept clean. With specific guidelines, tap water can be stored for close to 6 months. At the same time, it is suggested that you need to have a 3-day stock in case of any emergency. The tap water could be stored for six months.
Now, does the water expire at any point in time? No would be an obvious answer to this question. Though water is not expected to go bad, plastic bottles might expire, and the chemicals present in the bottle could harm the water.
This does not make the water toxic but for sure goes on to alter the taste of water. The moment you have gone on to fill the container, it has to be sealed tightly and stored in a cool and dark location. Ideally, you need to rotate the water once every six months.
It is not going to go wrong, but you might avail of some algae on the container, and after several months of storage, there is a risk of bacterial infection.
This can be checked by cloudiness. Water that is safe to drink should be funny and devoid of taste. The only way to figure it out is with the help of cloudiness.
Would bottom loading water dispensers be better than the top-loading counterparts?
In our personal opinion, the bottom loading water dispensers are better as they have the task of lifting the heavy water bottles. In a way, it goes on to reduce the risk of back pain.
If you are not sure about the purity of water that is obtained from a water bottle, then opt for a self – cleaning model. But if the water at your home is filtered, then there is no need for the model to incorporate a self- cleaning feature.
Few words before wrapping up…
To ensure that you need cold and hot freshwater, there has to be a water dispenser at your home or even at the office. Though the top loading water dispensers have gone on to gain a lot of popularity of late, they are getting replaced in most of the places with the help of bottom loading water dispensers.
When you are using a bottom loading water dispenser, you save yourself the hassle to lift large water bottles. The time that is saved can be spent on cleaning the floor due to the efforts of having no spilt water on the premises. Numerous bottom loading water dispensers are available in the market, and the onus is on you to make a perfect choice.
The bottom loading water dispensers rake out to be budget-friendly models in the market. Not only are they easy to fill but present an apt choice in terms of maintenance.
In the end, as far as the purchase of bottom loading water dispenser is concerned, one thing comes to the mind choose wisely.